Commercial and residential buildings will benefit from early maintenance before cold weather arrives.
- Clean gutters and downspouts.
- Reseal exterior woodwork- fences, pergolas, sheds, and trellises should be inspected and included in the process.
- Check for pest infestation and associated damage- small animals, e.g. mice and squirrels, as well as insects ants, termites, and wasps can present problems and cause damage.
- Roof inspection/repair will protect the building from heavy snow loads and ice dams.
- Chimney inspection, as well as window and skylight inspection will help prevent leaks and water damage.
- Attics and basements shouldn’t be overlooked, particular attention should be paid to attic insulation.
- Wood stoves and heaters should be inspected for necessary repairs/replacement.
- HVAC and heating systems will benefit from service and filter changes.
- Windows and doors should be inspected for replacement and repairs.
- Landscaping, particularly trees and shrubs, will survive winter better protected before harsh weather arrives.